The SCIA Campus provides academic access to the powerful SCIA Engineer software suite. This enables students and educational establishments to teach, learn and practice modelling, designing and analysis of any kind of structure, even the most challenging ones.
SCIA Engineer Student Edition
The SCIA Engineer Student Edition comes fully loaded, with not only the design and analysis tools, but also with the power to lift your 3D designs to a new level. The academic SCIA Design Forms software also has no restrictions and is further supported by a contest open to student users.
Every student and professor is permitted to download a completely free of charge copy of SCIA Engineer and SCIA Design Forms. As long as you are enrolled at an academic institute you may use this license during a period of 12 months, meaning you will need to renew once a year at no cost.
Network license for classrooms or laboratories
Classroom licenses are the solution for educational establishments. This licence allows an installation of the software on several computers in a classroom or laboratory. Please contact CADS for further information regarding network licenses for classrooms or laboratories.
- Why does SCIA offer a free academic license?
SCIA wants to enable you, and your fellow students, to work smart, save time, and develop your skills for the future. SCIA Engineer can be your partner as you take the next steps in building your professional career. Therefore, sign up for your Student Edition of SCIA Engineer or SCIA Design Forms. Get started and register today!
- Why choose CADS and SCIA Engineer as your partner in education?
One of the main goals of universities and higher education is to introduce students to the most recent and exemplary techniques within the structural engineering domain. ICT is more and more indispensable in the construction industry and CADS and SCIA have been playing a major part in inspiring structural engineers to push their limits. Both CADS and SCIA’s competence and knowledge in civil and structural engineering has driven us to innovate constantly during the past 35 years. When using SCIA Engineer you can take advantage of a real technological advantage, a large and professional development team and a large installed customer base in many countries all over the world.
- Who is allowed to use this SCIA Academic license?
Any enrolled student in higher education needing a dedicated analysis and design tool during their study period or any student that needs to start or finalise their doctoral degree or thesis. Academic licenses are also for professors that want to fall back on structural analysis software, SCIA Engineer has proven to be the ultimate state-of-the-art educational tool.
- What is the difference between a student and a commercial license?
The SCIA Engineer student edition is a full package. It contains all available modules from the latest version. Students are able to model, analyse and design structures without any restrictions in functionality, capability and number of members in the same way as a commercial product.There are only a few differences compared to commercial editions:
• SCIA Engineer Student project data is stored in a different file format than commercial versions.
• The student edition can also read commercial data (.ESA files), but their projects are always stored in .ESAD files. Conversion from .ESAD to .ESA format is not possible. Of course, exchanging project files between fellow students is not restricted.
• All graphical and text print-outs include a “Student version” watermark.
• Also exports of the model to IFC, XML and other formats are not supported. SCIA Design Forms educational software have no restrictions in functionality compared to the professional version.
- How can I renew my existing student license for an extra year?
Renewing your existing license is done quickly and easily. You simply need to register again with the same email address you used in your initial registration. After that you will receive a confirmation email and you will need to ‘refresh’ your license in the SCIA Engineer activation manager.
Visit SCIA Campus to learn more and register for a Student Edition License