Salary: Professional salary plus commission
Professional salary plus commission – benefits include company car, company pension plan, mobile phone, laptop computer.
SMART Estimator software produces fast accurate estimates, quotes, 3D models, CAD drawings and lists of equipment needed for almost all types of scaffolding (incl. Tube & Fitting, Cuplok, Kwikstage, Layher, Haki, Plettac, etc.) and provides automatic compliance checks for TG20:13. Hundreds of scaffolding companies have adopted SMART Estimator to help them win more business and improve their efficiency and the profitability of their scaffolding contracts. The new BIM Toolbox helps them to interact electronically with main contractors who often require their sub-contractors to engage with their tendering via digital 3D models. We are continuing to build new solutions and have recently developed two new mobile apps, which are proving very popular, to help with scaffold inspections, handovers and variations.
The suitable candidate will:
- Have enjoyed working in or as a supplier to a scaffolding related industry e.g. scaffolding or safety equipment or have a background in sales
- Possess a strong desire to develop their commercial interests and ambitions
- Be quite competitive and commercially aware, with the ambition to earn more money
- Enjoy exploiting their technical background or sales experience to the full by assisting CADS customers with learning about how CADS software can benefit their business
- Develop a professional consultative approach to their business affairs and wish to be considered as a ‘trusted advisor’ by your clients
- Be mature enough to work off their own initiative, set their own priorities and manage their own time
- Have a confident outgoing nature and good verbal & written communication skills
- Comfortable using desktop software and mobile apps
- Willing to travel
- The successful applicant will have several years of relevant experience working in or as a supplier to a scaffolding related industry e.g. scaffolding or safety equipment or have excellent sales experience
- Previous sales experience in a similar role would be considered to be an advantage but training will be given
Reporting to the Sales Director the successful candidate will:
- Respond to sales inquiries, arrange and conduct business meetings with technical presentations (demos) of CADS Scaffolding software solutions to explain the technical and commercial benefits to the customers
- Prepare and present business proposals and price quotations
- Negotiate and close sales orders
- Develop, nurture and manage lasting and mutually beneficial business relationships with customers and encourage repeat orders and ongoing maintenance contracts
- From time to time also attend and assist with seminars, webinars, exhibitions and other CADS events
Place of work
When not meeting customers you will be working from home where you will plan your appointment diary and travel to business meetings with customers.