Structural Engineering Analysis & Design Software
Salary: £45-70k including a performance bonus and dependant on experience
£45-70k including a performance bonus and dependant on experience; benefits include company car, company pension plan, mobile telephone, laptop computer, WiFi at home, etc.
CADS develops and supports innovative structural design & detailing software solutions for the UK construction industry, engineering design firms and contractors in more than 150 countries.
We are looking to recruit dynamic, personable and self-motivated structural engineers to join our expanding UK sales team.
The Regional Sales Engineer is responsible for advising, demonstrating and helping customers to exploit CADS range of structural analysis, design, BIM modelling and CADS RC detailing software products.
The suitable candidate will:
- Have enjoyed working as a graduate engineer but also have a strong desire to develop their commercial interests and ambitions by switching from the conventional career path
- Be quite competitive and commercially aware, with the ambition to earn more money than is likely with a consulting engineer
- Enjoy exploiting their engineering education and experience to the full by assisting consulting engineers and other structural design professionals to understand and purchase the best software solutions
- Develop a professional consultative approach to your business affairs and will wish to be considered as a ‘trusted advisor’ by your clients;
- Be mature enough to work off their own initiative, set their own priorities and manage their own time
- Have a confident outgoing nature and good verbal & written communication skills
- Willing to travel throughout the UK and Ireland
- The successful applicant will be a civil / structural engineering graduate with several years’ experience in the design of reinforced concrete and structural steelwork building structures and thus conversant with the relevant codes of practice and at least one leading software application. A working knowledge of the CADS range of structural design software and Revit would be an advantage but is not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- BSc or equivalent in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate engineering experience
- No sales experience is required as full ‘on the job’ sales and product training will be provided
Reporting to the Sales Director the successful candidate will:
- Respond to sales inquiries, arrange and conduct business meetings with technical presentations (demos) of CADS software solutions to explain the technical and commercial benefits to the client’s engineers
- Prepare and present business proposals and price quotations
- Negotiate and close the sales orders
- Develop, nurture and manage lasting and mutually beneficial business relationships with customers and encourage repeat orders and ongoing maintenance contracts
- From time to time you will also attend and assist with seminars, webinars, exhibitions and other events
Place of work
When not meeting customers you will be working from home where you will plan your appointment diary and travel to business meetings with customers. CADS has an office in Woking, Surrey as well as a head office in Poole, Dorset which can also act as a base for those living in the vicinity.